Thursday, May 14, 2009

Alan Streets




I watched a documentary last night, that opened my eyes and my heart. If you have a chance, please watch 'My Name Is Alan and I Paint Pictures'. For the artist in me, this was unbelievably inspiring and for the human in me, well, the same, just inspiring and touching. His work reveals the beauty in subjects riddled with flaws and highlights the unquestionable natural physique of the world around him. He paints on the streets of New York every single day of his life, which is amazing. He paints to cope with a condition he has, paranoid schizophrenia. He has been off medications for quite some time and the painting helps him to get his thoughts out. His demeanor is beautiful and original and lives his life the best he knows how. I encourage everyone to watch his documentary and even become a collector of his artwork. Please check out his website http://www.alanstreets.com/index.php.


















No comments:

Post a Comment