Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Day Dreamin



I'm not sure if anyone has checked out a little website by the name of Etsy lately, but it has become my new favorite place to browse the aisle and perhaps even make a purchase. This shown piece in particular is quite magical, if I must say so. Immediately the song "Black Bird" comes to mind (only my favorite Beatles song). The carry over of music into the painting world is always a bonus, sort of like double whammy if you will. I would even go further to say this is a triple deluxe due to the nature involved in this piece. While pulling my heart towards it's decaying earthy feel, I can't avoid the sadness that overcomes me. Quite possibly, this sadness comes from the bottom of the painting presenting the key words banish and scheme. These words are of a darker matter just as the brown tone is; however, once the eyes move up again a brighter side arises. The lighter shade of blue allows a more optimistic view of the birds life, again producing words of hope such as dream and team. And of course, all in all, music surrounds both days of dark and those of new.

*This particular piece was created by NancysView.

No comments:

Post a Comment