Friday, January 9, 2009

Art is EveryWhere Around You!

Traditionally when I think art, I think Pablo or DaVinci, but that is a mere segment of what art stands for. Art can be in the form of a novel, a dress, a meal, a face or a math problem. It is in everything that surrounds you, even the keyboard I'm typing on is a form of art. Maybe the keyboard is not the funnest art form out there, but nevertheless it is art. With this blog, I hope to discover all art forms (I'll try to stay on the adventurous side of that realm) and maybe advance my own technique in the process! Here we go! How about we start with my favorite thing...FOOD!

I'll take from a place that I know and miss all to well. Downtown Grill stands, for me, as the best restaurant in Macon for one reason...a beautiful basted filet mignon that has embraced a filling of stilton blue cheese. Oh, I can feel it melting in my mouth right now. The beauty remains not only in the combination of the bast and cheese, but the preparation of the meat as well. I myself prefer medium rare and that is always how Carlos prepares it...perfect (unless he is mad at me). Next we'll talk about what is surrounding this majestic piece of meat. A pile of garlic mashed potatoes paired with steamed broccoli. I honestly don't think it gets any better than that (well unless you follow it with a molten chocolate cake-that will definitely be another piece of blog art). The combination of the these items and the love and thought that go in to creating this are beyond my kitchen skills. One can not overlook the task that has gone into sculpting this perfection.

No comments:

Post a Comment